Best VPNs for British IP
Why you should change your IP address to the UK
Your original IP address can be traced, and it can provide a lot of information about you and your online activities. Some of the information that IP says about its owner is user’s geographic location, internet service provider, and browser info. That’s already strong enough reason to change your IP. However, here’s a list of other great reasons to get British IP address:
- You are a Brit traveling abroad and willing to unblock British websites and services like BBC iPlayer and ITV.
- You are an online marketer that wants to test your marketing campaigns in the UK.
- Are looking to improve your English knowledge by surfing the internet just like people in Great Britain.
- You want to protect your online identity from the British government, ISP and hackers.
Methods to get British IP address
There are many ways how you can change an IP to the United Kingdom. Some of the most common ways of getting Britons IP address include VPN service, SmartDNS, and Proxy services. Each of these services has its benefits and purpose. Therefore, keep reading to find out which is the best method for getting right service for IP in the UK.
Method 1: Virtual Private Network
VPN for the United Kingdom is the most secure way of changing an IP address. By connecting to a remote server in the UK, it hides your original Internet Protocol address and provides you with a new UK IP. Furthermore, it encrypts your internet traffic making your connection completely anonymous.
Best VPNs are easy to use and compatible with all devices and operating systems.
Moreover, with a VPN you can also get IPs from other countries if you need to access other sites. For example, by connecting to a USA server, you can get American IP address.
Method 2: SmartDNS Service
SmartDNS is an excellent way to change IP if you wish to unblock UK websites. However, it doesn’t encrypt your traffic. Therefore, it still lets third parties like ISPs, authorities, and snoopers see that you are acquiring Brit IP address and performing some not supported activities online.
The main benefit of SmartDNS is that it allows unblocking streaming media and watch live TV like BBC iPlayer and ITV from the United Kingdom with no speed loss.
Method 3: Web Proxy
Web Proxy is another very effective way to obtain IP address for Britons. It looks like a simple website, but it takes care of your internet requests.
Typically, when you open a web proxy, there is a URL bar where you can type in British website that you wish to access. The web proxy follows your request and opens the site displayed in a frame.
Moreover, the unblocked website will see the web proxy Great Britain IP instead of your own.
The main advantage to web proxy for the United Kingdom is that they are usually free. However, most of the web proxies are ad-supported. Therefore, you’ll see a lot of advertisement and popups. Furthermore, they are not secure, so we advise not entering any passwords or financial information.
Method 4: Free HTTP Proxy Servers
HTTP Proxies are similar to web proxies. However, they are configured in your web browser instead of typing in the UK URL into a separate website. Also, HTTP Proxy service for the United Kingdom hides your IP. Therefore, the website you open will only see the Brit IP provided by the HTTP Proxy service you use.
They are safer to use than web proxies, and no ads will appear. However, most of the services for Great Britain are not compatible with SSL. Therefore, they are not safe for accessing emails, making online purchases, logging into membership accounts, etc. Moreover, HTTP proxies are often overused. Therefore, they tend to be very slow. That’s why they aren’t perfect for streaming videos and watching live sports from the UK.
Method 5: Paid Proxy Service
If you need a reliable internet connection then paid British proxy is more suitable service over the web proxy and free HTTP proxy services. Similarly like other proxies, it routes your requests through a server in the United Kingdom. That is the simplest and most practical way for you to appear that you are browsing the internet with Britons IP address.
Furthermore, all of the fee-based proxies are SSL compatible. It offers faster speeds and provides safer access.
Which is the safest way to get English IP?
Above we have replied and highlighted the best methods to your question “how to change my IP to the United Kingdom?”. For sure, you will find the one that works the best for your needs. However, you should know that not all the methods for obtaining English IP address are equally excellent and safe. Here are a few things to look out for when using one of the ways mentioned above to change your IP address to the United Kingdom:
- Is the service free? If the service you are signing up for is entirely free, then you may experience some hassles and even security issues.
- It’s the only purpose is to change your IP to the United Kingdom? Methods like proxies and smart DNS are some of the services that only let you get IP from the United Kingdom and other places around the world. They are meant for you to access English sites and services from abroad, but they don’t offer any security. Therefore, your English ISP can still track your online actions and know what you’re up to.
- Does it provide data encryption? Services like VPN that lets you obtain English IP address not only offer a vast number of servers around the world but also gives you online privacy and data encryption. This means that when you use VPN for the United Kingdom IP access then your ISP isn’t able to see and track your online activities.
Being regular users of VPN services, we recommend this method as the safest way to get English IP address.
There are at least five ways how you can get British IP address from anywhere in the world. However, not all of them are safe and secure options. Therefore, we advise choosing the method #1 to change your IP address to the UK with the VPN service. VPN lets you stay anonymous when accessing blocked sites.