In this Nord VPN review, our editor covers the most important aspects that users look at before signing up for a VPN service. You will learn why NordVPN earns its spot among the best providers available. Some of the most important points covered in this review are Nord VPN pricing, features, servers, privacy, software setup and customer service. Furthermore, you can quickly identify what are NordVPN pros and cons, so that you can easily make a decision when choosing the best VPN service for your requirements.
Nord VPN Review Summary
- Features 99
- Compatability 96
- Support 95
- Price 97
- Privacy focused
- Based in Panama
- P2P allowed
- Features: Double VPN, Tor over VPN, Socks5 proxies
- Smart DNS service
- Speed loss on double encryption
- No 24/7 live support
Nord VPN review highlights
The Nord VPN service based in Panama. It has more than 4900 servers in 62 countries. NordVPN is compatible with mobile apps available on the Android and iOS devices, desktop client on macOS and Windows operating systems, and proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox. It provides great customer support via email – firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, Nord VPN RSA-2048 key encryption provides a full focus on customers’ online privacy, it offers anonymous internet browsing, unblock sites and services, and privacy while torrenting.
Nord VPN offers three different pricing plans. Just like most other providers it has 1 month, 1 year and 2 years subscription plans. NordVPN is priced fair in comparison to other top VPN services out there. Currently, Nord VPN offers 66% discount as special offer. Below, you can find Nord VPN current price plans:
Nord VPN provides many great privacy-related features. Some of the features that NordVPN offer include military-grade encryption, dedicated IP Address, unlimited bandwidth, lightning speed experience, and DNS leak protection. Furthermore, it uses most modern security protocols like OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, and IKEv2. Moreover, it offers some other very outstanding features as double data encryption, onion over VPN, automatic kill switch, anti DDoS servers, and Socks5 proxy servers.
- If you are in a place where there’s high level of censorship or strict online regulations, then you may require extra privacy. With NordVPN Double VPN, you will receive double data encryption that provides you with an additional layer of privacy. During the double encryption, the second VPN server doesn’t recognize your original IP address since the first VPN server has changed it. Currently, NordVPN has three options for double data encryption, Sweden – Netherlands, Canada – US, and The Netherlands – Russia. However, due to multiple layers of encryption, double VPN feature can reduce the internet speed significantly,
- Both Onion network and VPN are using to secure a private web browsing. However, Onion network only works over regular HTTP traffic and not encrypted HTTPS. Therefore, a combination of both services provides an extra layer of encryption to users’ traffic.
- Automatic Kill Switch feature is very useful in case the VPN connection drops. It automatically blocks users’ devices and stops programs and applications from accessing the Internet. Therefore, your data cannot be exposed even for a second.
- Socks5 is an internet protocol. It routes data through proxy servers, therefore providing better performance and faster speeds with torrents and P2P. Furthermore, it allows you to bypass internet blocks and firewalls. Using Socks5 and a VPN service together increases your internet security and encryption.
Nord VPN offers an impressive amount of servers around the globe. It currently has over 4900 server locations in 62 countries. Some countries with the most of NordVPN servers are United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Germany, France, Sweden, Netherlands, and Australia. Its double VPN servers are located in Canada, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, and the USA. However, Onion over VPN servers is based in Latvia, Netherlands, and Sweden.
Furthermore, NordVPN has Anti-DDoS servers in Canada, Germany, Italy, and the USA as well as dedicated IP servers in Germany, Netherlands, UK, and the US.. A full list of Nord VPN server locations you can find here.
NordVPN lets you surf internet completely incognito since it doesn’t log any of your online activity. Furthermore, it provides OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec, and IKEv2 and RSA-2048 key encryption. Therefore, it is letting you share files, access your bank account, shop online without worrying to get hacked.
NordVPN offers an easy to use and set up software for mobile apps available on the Android and iOS devices, desktop client on macOS and Windows operating systems, and proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox. You can find all the installation files on its website. The installation process of the Nord VPN software is simple. However, if you experience any problems, either you can contact customer support via email – email@example.com or you can also access guides and tutorials online.
Once you have signed up and installed Nord VPN software on your device, you can sign in, and you’re ready to start using the software.
Even connecting to NordVPN server is relatively straightforward. You can find a list of server locations and select your preferred one, then click on “connect.”
This is one of the Nord VPN features that most of the people appreciate the most in case they have to make use of it. And NordVPN is great by providing great customer service and technical support. Not only Nord VPN offer a wide variety of setup guides for all devices including mobile apps available on the Android and iOS devices, desktop client on macOS and Windows operating systems, and proxy extensions for Chrome and Firefox, but also they provide email – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nord VPN Review Editor’s Conclusion
Nord VPN is perfect all in one security tool offering easy to use VPN software. It offers superb features like military-grade encryption, dedicated IP Address, unlimited bandwidth, lightning speed experience, and DNS leak protection. Moreover, it offers great support over email – email@example.com. In all areas, NordVPN shows professionalism and truly exceptional RSA-2048 key encryption with incredible speed performance on all devices available.
Based on the tests performed during the review process, we found that it offers full suite of privacy-related features and impressive performance speeds. Also the fact that it is based in Panama and keeps no logs provides an advantage to anyone seeking for a service that truly cares for internet privacy and anonymity. Therefore, Nord VPN can indeed be called as one of the top VPN services available and is within our top VPNs of the day.
If you liked this Nord VPN review and you are interested to find out more about other VPN brands then you may want also reading ZenMate VPN review.