Best VPNs for Chinese IP
Why you should change your IP address to China
Your original IP address can be traced, and it can provide a lot of information about you and your online activities. Some of the data that IP says about its owner is user’s geographic location, internet service provider, and browser info. That’s already strong enough reason to change your IP. However, here’s a list of other serious reasons to get Chinese IP:
1. You are Chinese traveling abroad and willing to unblock Chinese websites and services.
2. You are an online marketer that wants to test your marketing campaigns in PRC.
3. You want to improve your Mandarin or Cantonese knowledge by surfing the internet just like people in China.
4. You want to protect your online identity from the Chinese government, ISP and hackers.
Methods to get Chinese IP address
There are many ways how you can change an IP to China. Some of the most common ways of getting Chinese IP address include VPN service, SmartDNS, and Proxy services. Each of these services has its benefits and purpose. Therefore, keep reading to find out which is the best method for getting right service for IP in China.
Method 1: Virtual Private Network
VPN for China is the most secure way of changing an IP address. By connecting to a remote server in PRC, it hides your original Internet Protocol address and provides you with a new China IP. Furthermore, it encrypts your internet traffic making your connection completely anonymous.
Best VPNs are secure to use and compatible with all devices and operating systems.
Moreover, with a VPN you can also get IPs from other countries if you need to access other sites. For example, by connecting to Canada server, you can get Canadian IP address.
Method 2: SmartDNS Service
SmartDNS is an excellent way to change IP if you wish to unblock China websites. However, it doesn’t encrypt your traffic. Therefore, it still lets third parties like ISPs, authorities, and snoopers see that you are acquiring Chinese IP address and performing some not supported activities online.
The main benefit of SmartDNS is that it allows unblocking streaming media and watch live TV from China with no speed loss.
Method 3: Web Proxy
Web Proxy is another very effective way to obtain IP address for Chinese. It looks like a simple website, but it takes care of your internet requests.
Typically, when you open a web proxy, there is a URL bar where you can type in Chinese website that you wish to access. The web proxy follows your request and opens the site displayed in a frame.
Moreover, the unblocked website will see the web proxy China IP instead of your own.
The main advantage to web proxy for China is that they are usually free. However, most of the web proxies are ad-supported. Therefore, you’ll see a lot of advertisement and popups. Furthermore, they are not secure, so we advise not entering any passwords or financial information.
Method 4: Free HTTP Proxy Servers
HTTP Proxies are similar to web proxies. However, they are configured in your web browser instead of typing in a China URL into a separate website. Also, HTTP Proxy service for China hides your IP. Therefore, the site you open will only see the Chinese IP provided by the HTTP Proxy service you use.
They are safer to use than web proxies, and no ads will appear. However, most of the services for China are not compatible with SSL. Therefore, they are not safe for accessing emails, making online purchases, logging into membership accounts, etc. Moreover, HTTP proxies are often overused. Thus, they tend to be very slow. That’s why they aren’t perfect for streaming videos and watching live sports from China.
Method 5: Paid Proxy Service
If you need a reliable internet connection then paid Chinese proxy is more suitable service over the web proxy and free HTTP proxy services. Similarly like other proxies, it routes your requests through a server in China. That is the most straightforward and most practical way for you to appear that you are browsing the internet with Chinese IP address.
Furthermore, all of the fee-based proxies are SSL compatible. It offers faster speeds and provides safer access.
Which is the safest way to get Chinese IP?
Above we have replied and highlighted the best methods to your question “how to change my IP to China?”. For sure, you will find the one that works the best for your needs. However, you should know that not all the methods for obtaining Chinese IP address are equally excellent and safe. Here are a few things to look out for when using one of the ways mentioned above to change your IP address to China:
- Is the service free? If the service you are signing up for is entirely free, then you may experience some hassles and even security issues.
- It’s the only purpose is to change your IP to China? Methods like proxies and smart DNS are some of the services that only let you get IP from China and other places around the world. They are meant for you to access Chinese sites and services from abroad, but they don’t offer any security. Therefore, your Chinese ISP can still track your online actions and know what you’re up to.
- Does it provide data encryption? Services like VPN that lets you obtain Chinese IP address not only offer a vast number of servers around the world but also gives you online privacy and data encryption. This means that when you use VPN for China IP access then your ISP isn’t able to see and track your online activities.
Being regular users of VPN services, we recommend this method as the safest way to get Chinese IP address.
There are at least five ways how you can get Chinese IP address from anywhere in the world. However, not all of them are safe and secure options. Therefore, we advise choosing the method #1 to change your IP address to China and stay anonymous when accessing blocked sites.