Get an IP for the French Republic
Why you should change your IP address to France
Your original IP address can be traced, and it can provide a lot of information about you and your online activities. Some of the information that IP says about its owner is user’s geographic location, internet service provider, and browser info. That’s already strong enough reason to change your IP. However, here’s a list of other important reasons to get French IP:
1. You are French traveling abroad and willing to unblock French websites and services.
2. You are an online marketer that wants to test your marketing campaigns in France.
3. You want to improve your French language knowledge by surfing the internet just like people in France.
4. You want to protect your online identity from the French government, ISP and hackers.
Methods to get French IP address
There are many ways how you can change an IP to France. Some of the most common ways of getting French IP address include VPN service, SmartDNS, and Proxy services. Each of these services has its benefits and purpose. Therefore, keep reading to find out which is the best method for getting right service for IP in France.
Method 1: Virtual Private Network
VPN for France is the most secure way of changing an IP address. By connecting to a remote server in France, it hides your original Internet Protocol address and provides you with a new France IP. Furthermore, it encrypts your internet traffic making your connection completely anonymous.
Best VPNs are easy to use and compatible with all devices and operating systems.
Moreover, with a VPN you can also get IPs from other countries if you need to access other sites. For example, by connecting to a Colombia server, you can get Colombian IP address.
Method 2: SmartDNS Service
SmartDNS is an excellent way to change IP if you wish to unblock France websites. However, it doesn’t encrypt your traffic. Therefore, it still lets third parties like ISPs, authorities, and snoopers see that you are acquiring French IP address and performing some not supported activities online.
The main benefit of SmartDNS is that it allows unblocking streaming media and watch live TV from France with no speed loss.
Method 3: Web Proxy
Web Proxy is another very effective way to obtain IP address for French. It looks like a simple website, but it takes care of your internet requests.
Typically, when you open a web proxy, there is a URL bar where you can type in French website that you wish to access. The web proxy follows your request and opens the site displayed in a frame.
Moreover, the unblocked website will see the web proxy France IP instead of your own.
The main advantage to web proxy for France is that they are usually free. However, most of the web proxies are ad-supported. Therefore, you’ll see a lot of advertisement and popups. Furthermore, they are not secure, so we advise not entering any passwords or financial information.
Method 4: Free HTTP Proxy Servers
HTTP Proxies are similar to web proxies. However, they are configured in your web browser instead of typing in a France URL into a separate website. Also, HTTP Proxy service for France hides your IP. Therefore, the website you open will only see the French IP provided by the HTTP Proxy service you use.
They are safer to use than web proxies, and no ads will appear. However, most of the services for France are not compatible with SSL. Therefore, they are not safe for accessing emails, making online purchases, logging into membership accounts, etc. Moreover, HTTP proxies are often overused. Therefore, they tend to be very slow. That’s why they aren’t perfect for streaming videos and watching live sports from France.
Method 5: Paid Proxy Service
If you need a reliable internet connection then paid French proxy is more suitable service over the web proxy and free HTTP proxy services. Similarly like other proxies, it routes your requests through a server in France. That is the simplest and most practical way for you to appear that you are browsing the internet with French IP address.
Furthermore, all of the fee-based proxies are SSL compatible. It offers faster speeds and provides safer access.
Which is the safest way to get French IP?
Above we have replied and highlighted the best methods to your question “how to change my IP to France?”. For sure, you will find the one that works the best for your needs. However, you should know that not all the methods for obtaining French IP address are equally excellent and safe. Here are a few things to look out for when using one of the ways mentioned above to change your IP address to France:
- Is the service free? If the service you are signing up for is entirely free, then you may experience some hassles and even security issues.
- It’s the only purpose is to change your IP to France? Methods like proxies and smart DNS are some of the services that only let you get IP from France and other places around the world. They are meant for you to access French sites and services from abroad, but they don’t offer any security. Therefore, your French ISP can still track your online actions and know what you’re up to.
- Does it provide data encryption? Services like VPN that lets you obtain French IP address not only offer a vast number of servers around the world but also gives you online privacy and data encryption. This means that when you use VPN for France IP access then your ISP isn’t able to see and track your online activities.
Being regular users of VPN services, we recommend this method as the safest way to get French IP address.
There are at least five ways how you can get French IP address from anywhere in the world. However, not all of them are safe and secure options. Therefore, we advise choosing the method #1 to change your IP address to France and stay anonymous when accessing blocked sites.